The Brunei Synchronized Swimming team was in Malaysia for the 5th Asia Pacific Open & Age Group Synchronized Swimming Championship 2013 from 29-30 November & 1 December 2013.
Jacqueline Lim won a bronze medal in the Open after the Technical and Free Solo.
For Age 12 and under, out of 83 competitors, Sia En Chiy got 48th, Natasha got 52nd and Sia En Ning got 55th.
Brunei duet (the Sia Twins) at Preliminary Free Duet ranked 14th out of 22. They beat 3 teams from Singapore, 2 teams from Penang and 1team each from Negri Sembilan, Indonesia and Uzbekistan.
At the competition, there were 167 synchro swimmers from 14 teams.
During the 2nd Brunei Open Swimming Championships 22-23-24 November 2013 a total of 34 National Records (12 OPEN and 22 AGE GROUP records) have been either set or broken. This is a historic number as the latest big RECORD RUSH dates back from April 2012 with 30 National Records. Besides the 34 National Records also a huge number of 29 NEW Championships RECORDS were either set or broken.
A very succes 2nd edition of the Brunei Open Swimming Championships.
Complete results can be found here: COMPLETE Results Brunei OPEN 22-23-24 Nov. 2013
Check out BASA’s FACEBOOK page for more photo’s of the 2n Brunei Open Swimming Championships: https://www.facebook.com/BASABrunei?directed_target_id=0
|August 7-8||Eindhoven (NED)|
|August 10-11||Berlin (GER)|
|October 12-13||Moscow (RUS)|
|October 17-18||Dubai (UAE)|
|October 20-21||Doha (QAT)|
|November 5-6||Singapore (SIN)|
|November 9-10||Tokyo (JPN)|
|November 13-14||Beijing (CHN)|
121 swimmers took part at the Brunei 7-9 years Championships in The National Aquatics Centre in Berakas on 27 October 2013.
Nice weather, happy faces, newcomers as well as fast young swimmers, HRH Prince Abdul Muntaqim’s taking part, overall a great and fun event.
Winner overall after 2 hours of fast swimming were RBRC with a total of 20 medals (9 Gold, 6 Silver, 5 Bronze).
A few highlighted results:
3. Alexia Pang (Age 7) of RBRC (4 Gold’s)
4. Ericsson Bong (Age 8) of BSSC (3 Gold’s in 25M Fly, Back & Free)
5. Jia Shin Chin (Age 8) of MSA (2 Gold’s, 1 of which is CR, 25M Free)
6. Noah Op T’Ende (Age 7) of ISB (2 Gold’s on 25M Back & Free)
8. Kirsten Chong (Age 8) of GCM (1 Gold and CR, 25M Breast)
9. Jovyn Lau (Age 8) of MSA (1 Gold in 25M Fly)
10. Jack McCarthy(Age 9) of JSC ( 1 Gold in 25M Back)
BASA has the pleasure of inviting you all to attend the upcoming 7-9 yrs Swim Championship, Circuit II
Could I please request that you try and submit times for all your entered swimmers. We do have a data base of times, but as this may be the first competition for many young swimmers, we may not yet have any records for them. This will ensure they are seeded with like-ability swimmers and give them a much fairer race.
Please note the date for the team managers meeting: Friday 25th October, 5.00pm at the National Swimming Pool meeting room.
Closing date for entries is Friday 18th October.
New FINA rules and regulations take effect 25-09-2013 – make sure you are up to date on the amended rules.. including:
- breaststroke and butterfly, two-hand touches can no longer be overlapping. The hands must be separated when the wall is touched,
- backstroke, FINA took out the wording that a swimmer is allowed to be completely submerged at the finish of a race (though they can still do so at the turn). This means that the big lunges we see, most often in younger age groups, that put the swimmer entirely underwater into the wall are now eliminated.
This is important for all swimmers, coaches and officials to keep an eye on.
See full rules and regulations here